October 4 has been set aside as “World Smile Day” and in honour of this day, here are some of the best smiles from some of Ghana’s Presidents.
The theme of this year’s “World Smile Day,” is:
“Do an act of kindness. Help one person smile,”
- Kwame Nkrumah was the first Prime Minister and President of Ghana, having led the Gold Coast to independence from Britain in 1957
2. Hilla Limann was the President of Ghana from 24 September 1979 to 31 December 1981
3. Jerry John Rawlings is a former Ghanaian military leader and politician who ruled the country from 1981 to 2001 and also for a brief period in 1979.
4. John Kofi Agyekum Kufuor served as the President of Ghana from 7 January 2001 to 7 January 2009.
5. John Evans Fiifi Atta Mills was a Ghanaian politician and legal scholar who served as President of Ghana from 2009 to 2012.
6. John Mahama served as President of Ghana from 24 July 2012 to 7 January 2017.
7. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addois currently the President of Ghana. He has been in office since January 2017.