I am a skincare junkie and for the past two years I have been on the internet researching on different ways to make my skin smooth and healthy.
In this post, I have put together a few of DIY homemade facial scrubs that I have tried and yet to try.
There are a lot of beauty products on the market that will exfoliate your skin. However, they all contain strong chemicals that might be too strong for some skin types.
This list of facial scrubs however, are organic and homemade and will help exfoliate your skin. The good news is that, they’re inexpensive too.
Try these simple facial scrubs below and thank me later:
- Tumeric and coconut oil
Mix a spoonful of turmeric and some coconut oil to a paste. Apply on face with fingertips rubbing gently until fully absorbed. Leave on for 10-15 minutes and wash face with slightly warm water. Moisturise after.
2. Honey and sugar and lemon oil
Add a few drops of lemon oil to honey. Stir until well mixed. Apply on face for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with slightly lukewarm water. Moisturise after.
3. Baking soda and coconut oil
Put two tablespoons of baking soda in a dish, and make sure all the clumps are gone. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil, and mix . Apply to face for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water and moisturise after.
4. Coconut oil and sugar
Add two spoonfuls of sugar and mix with some coconut oil. Apply with fingertips on face. Let it stay on for 10-15 minutes. Wash off and moisturise.
5. Honey and oatmeal
This honey and oatmeal scrub will leave your skin glowing and feeling super silky and amazing!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 tablespoon epsom salts
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
6. Tomato and sugar face scrub
First you cut the top of the tomato into four pieces. Pick one piece and dip it in the sugar. Dampen your face and then gently scrub the sugar coated tomato top in a small circular motion starting at the forehead. Move down and around your face making sure to hit the mouth, nose, chin, face and neck. Wash off after 5-10 minutes.
7. Papaya face mask mixed with honey and sugar
- 3 small chopped cubes of papaya
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Chop ¼ a small papaya into 3 little pieces. Place them into a bowl and add ½ teaspoon of honey.
- Mash and mix up the two ingredients thoroughly with a fork.
- Your papaya and honey face mask is ready!
8. Coffee facial scrub olive oil and honey
Mix two spoonfuls of ground coffee with olive oil and honey. Mix well together. Apply on face for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with slightly warm water. Pat dry and moisturise.
9. Salt and sugar scrub
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container, such as a mason jar.
- Use 1 tablespoon as needed in the shower. Scrub skin with the mixture and rinse will. It will leave your skin feeling like silk. Goodbye dry skin!
10. Banana and sugar scrub
Start by mixing together ¼ cup of Shea butter. ¼ cup of coconut oil and 1 ripe banana. Next add 1 cup of sugar and blend together until a scrub begins to form. You can store this scrub in the refrigerator and use it for up to 2 days! Your skin will feel smoother and look flawless with this body scrub.